Open Call in PRIMA Section 2 in Multi-Topic - Deadline Pre-Proposal 15 April 2020
PRIMA launched a call in Section 2 Multi-Topic with deadline for pre-proposals on 15 April 2020.
Stage 1 Pre-proposal: 15 April 2020 (17:00 Barcelona time) Stage 2 Full-Proposal: 16 September 2020 (17:00 Barcelona Time)
Publication Date: 11 February 2020
Short Call Abstract
- Food, agriculture and fisheries
- Information and communication technologies
- Socio-economics sciences and humanities .
Thematic Area 1-Water management
Topic 2.1.1 (RIA) Low cost, lean solutions for enhancing irrigation efficiency of small-scale farms
Research projects must develop feasible, low cost and lean technologies (or adapt already existing ones) that can enhance water efficiency at the level of smallholder farms. More specifically, technology and solutions should help Mediterranean farmers increase yields and crop quality, allow water savings and higher efficiency in the use of water, while taking into account the specificities of the agro-ecological and socio-economic contexts as well as the operation of the upstream wastewater treatment system.
Technical, agricultural, social (social norms, as well as gender issues), climatic and environmental aspects should be analysed holistically to ensure that the proposed irrigation technologies are well tailored for the specificities of the context, as well as to guarantee their long-term viability.
Thematic Area 2-Farming systems
Topic 2.2.1 (RIA) Re-design the agro-livelihood systems to ensure resilience
Projects should produce outcomes concerning sustainable, widely adaptable solutions or dealing with the design of new agro-ecological farming systems supported by social or economic analyses, useful for policy decisions in terms of local governance, adaptive learning, product valorization, or incentives. The pathway to transition to more sustainable and resilient farming systems should be investigated and should provide guidance to the farmers. Resilience by the proposed farming systems should be assessed with appropriate socio-economic and ecological performance indicators.
Research and innovation proposals will be based on multi-actor approach and involve local stakeholders in the identification of barriers and opportunities from technical and socioeconomic point of view. Proposals should identify solutions to contribute to a balanced territorial development ensuring farmer incomes.
In this respect, innovations may be of a technical/technological, organizational/social and institutional nature and addressed to favour the adoption of the proposed systems.
(keywords/disciplines): Sociology, economics, political sciences
Specific participation requirement
Legal entities established in the following countries and territories will be eligible to receive funding through PRIMA grants:
The PRIMA Participating States (PS):
- The following Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU): Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Slovenia. It includes the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to these Member States3.
- The following Third Countries associated to Horizon 2020 (AC): Israel, Tunisia, and Turkey
- The following Third Countries not associated to Horizon 2020 (TC), upon condition that they have concluded international agreements for scientific and technological cooperation setting out the terms and conditions of their participation in PRIMA: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Morocco.