The Art. 185 Initiative "AAL - Active and Assisted Living" published a call with deadline 24 May 2017.
Deadline: 24 May 2017, 17h00 CET
Publication Date: 15 February 2017
Short Call Abstract:
The focus of the 2017 call challenge of the AAL Programme is twofold:
The challenge lies in developing packages integrating different solutions that address the needs and wishes of end-users and add value to their lives. Since peoples’ wishes, aspirations, and needs evolve over time, packages should be designed with built-in flexibility and a variety of components in order to meet diverse individual situations and to remain attractive to end-users over time.
End-users expect proposed solutions to be affordable, user-friendly, secure, and reliable. Packages should be based on existing and/or open platforms.
The challenge lies in extensive testing and evaluating of packages in order to provide meaningful and significant results.
• Evaluation / Testing of AAL solutions, including: perceived usefulness of the solution, integration into everyday life, usability, acceptance, business perspective reflecting the market demand (including the willingness to pay) for the package.
• Projects must adopt a holistic, inclusive and user-centred approach. Focus must be on personal aspirations, satisfaction, self-esteem and not only illness, impairments and limitations.
• Ethical guidelines have to be adhered to, and ethical standards have to be respected (e.g. use of personal data)
Specific participation requirements:
Consortium composition of at least 3 independent eligible organizations (legal entities), from at least 3 different AAL Partner States participating in the Call for Proposals.
These are: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland.
• Consortia must include at least one eligible for-profit business partner.
• Consortia must include at least one eligible for-profit SME partner which can be the business partner.
• Consortia must include at least one eligible end-user organisation.
• Size of the consortium: 3 – 10 partners.
Please refer to the call text for further information!